A firm called Big Lots is well-known for its low-priced retail outlets where you can get practically anything you might possibly need for a comfortable everyday existence. Big Lots carries groceries, furniture parts, and home décor.
Accessories, children’s and adult toys, gadgets, kitchenware, and countless more items of daily use. Customers can bill their purchases using an EBT machine instead of spending too much time at the checkout or cashier counter. In that case, does Big Lots take EBT? For additional details, continue reading.
Table of Contents
What Are Big Lots?
Big Lots is a distinctive, non-conventional discount retailer with more than 1,400 locations across 47 states. In areas like food, consumer goods, furniture & home decor, seasonal, soft home, hard home, electronics, and accessories, we provide a wide variety of products. Every day, we promise to provide excellent value.
Do Big Lots Accept EBT?
By 2022, Big Lots will accept EBT at all of its locations wherever SNAP-eligible items are available. However, the business is making an effort to get additional stores to follow the rules. more EBT/SNAP rules to reach a wider audience. As an alternative, you can look up which Big Lots locations accept EBT on the business’ website.
If you want to learn more about Big Lots’ EBT program, which store locations it is accepted at, and how you can take advantage of it, keep reading!
Do Big Lots Accept EBT Online?
Big Lots hasn’t made it clear that they accept EBT when making online payments using PayPal or Bitcoin. Cash, merchandise cards, EBT/SNAP (at some locations), checks, gift cards, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Big Lots Credit Card, Discover, and Apple Pay are all accepted forms of payment for in-store purchases. They also accept Apple Pay.
Do Big Lots Accept Food Stamps?
Some Big Lots locations, but not all, accept food stamps. However, by visiting the business’s website, it is simple to find out whether a specific Big Lots location accepts food stamps.
Visit this link to check if a Big Lots shop in your area takes SNAP/EBT (food stamps). Open your nearby Big Lots store by entering your city, state, or zip code on this page.
There will be a “Store Services” section on your store page. In this section, “SNAP/EBT” will be listed if the Big Lots shop takes food stamps.
Common Other Types Of Payments Accepted By Big Lots
Despite not accepting services like PayPal, Big Lots does take a variety of other forms of payment for in-store purchases, including cash, cheques, gift cards, merchandise cards, EBT/SNAP (at some shops), Visa, Mastercard, the Big Lots Credit Card, American Express, Discover, and Apple Pay.
Big Lots also has a terrific payment plan that enables customers to buy items and pay for them over a specified period of time in small quantities.
- Big Lots credit card
- Gift cards from Big Lots
- Visa card
- Apple pay
- American Express
- And at very selected stores EBT is also accepted
Can I use my EBT card from another state at Big Lots?
Big Lots will momentarily accept your EBT card from another state if you are traveling. You must cancel your EBT benefits in your current state and reapply in your new state if you are transferring to another state with the intention of residing there for an extended period of time.
How Can I Get a Big Lots EBT?
There are no explicit EBT qualifying requirements at Big Lots. If you have been accepted into the SNAP/EBT program, you can shop at any Big Lots that takes EBT.
To be eligible for federal SNAP aid, a household must satisfy the three conditions listed below:
– Before deductions are allowed, the total household income must be less than or equal to 130 percent of the federal poverty line.
The family’s net income should, ideally, be less than the federal poverty level.
– A household’s total assets cannot be more than $2500 if no one in the home is disabled. If a member is disabled, their assets cannot exceed $3,750.
If you fall into any of the following groups, though:
– Illegal immigration into the country – Individual protests
– Full-time students who belong to a particular demographic group and are in school
– Immigrants who have legal status already
Every three years, adults without children or disabilities may get SNAP benefits for up to three months.
How To Use EBT On Big Lots Step By Step?
Although each state oversees its own administration of the SNAP/EBT program, it is funded by the federal government.
As a result, depending on the state, the procedure for using your EBT card at various Big Lots dealers may be varied slightly. However, it typically goes like this:
1. Look at your most recent transaction or contact the number on the back of your card to check your balance to determine how much you can spend.
2. Proceed with your shopping to the checkout line. Ensure that everything is EBT-eligible.
3. Give your EBT card to a worker at Big Lots or swipe it at a POS machine.
4. Use the keypad to enter your four-digit PIN. An asterisk (****) will appear on the keyboard in place of the numbers you write.
5. Click “Enter”
6. The salesperson enters the purchase amount and selects OK or YES if everything is OK.
7. Following that, a pre-printed receipt including your new EBT balance, the name and location of the retailer where you made your purchase, and the purchase price will be sent to you.
Keep a copy of your receipt so you can check your balance the next time you go shopping. Keep in mind that there are no fees associated with using EBT.
Conclusion on Do Big Lots Take EBT
Many different businesses operate retail chains that offer common goods at reasonable costs, like Big Lots.
Only a few Big Lots locations provide Electric Benefit Transfer (EBT) services to the underprivileged. The Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program’s (SNAP) EBT program offers the poor daily groceries and sporadic money support.
The SNAP program covers chicken, fruits, vegetables, milk, dairy products, grains, legumes, and non-alcoholic drinks as daily food items. Thank you, www.fastfoodjustice.org