Greater than just a large pharmacy chain is Walgreens. The business has expanded its variety of goods over the years, moving from selling prescription drugs and basic health care items to stocking necessities like food and drink. Today, you may purchase milk and bread at your neighborhood Walgreens!
Are EBT cards accepted at Walgreens? The answer to the question of whether Walgreens accepts EBT is yes, however not all Walgreens locations do. In this article, EBT locations at Walgreens will be reviewed.
Table of Contents
What is Walgreens?
After CVS, Walgreens is the biggest pharmacy. Prescription medications, health and wellness items, medical information, and photo services are their areas of expertise. Their drugstore business has made it a priority to become Americans’ go-to source for pharmacy, health, and beauty products ever since it was founded.
The company’s aim also includes serving as a grocery store, selling a range of everyday items and food items like fresh and frozen packaged goods. You can locate a Walgreens shop in your neighborhood thanks to the more than 9,722 locations the company has around the country.
Does Walgreens Accept EBT?
The Walgreens Group is devoted to ensuring that all clients have access to food, particularly those seeking out healthier options.
In most stores around the country starting in 2021, EBT cards will be accepted! Before you go shopping, you can check their website or phone to see if your neighborhood store takes these perks.
If you want to know more about using your EBT card, what you can buy, and how to locate the closest store, keep reading.
Does Walgreens Accept EBT Online?
Can I order from Walgreens online with my EBT card? EBT is not yet accepted by Walgreens for online purchases. EBT cannot be used as payment for online purchases at any retailers not signed up for the USDA Online Purchase Pilot Program.
Does Walgreens Accept Food Stamps?
Those who receive food stamps may use their benefits at participating Walgreens. To find out if your local Walgreens is eligible for food stamps, you’ll need to contact ahead because not all of them accept EBT. Use the Store Locator on the Walgreens website to discover the phone number for the store that is closest to you.
EBT cards are frequently referred to as “food stamps,” but they’re the same thing!
Common Other Types Of Payments Accepted By Walgreens
Debit cards, Visa, MasterCard, Discover Network, and American Express are all acceptable forms of payment for Walgreens.com purchases. PayPal and PayPal Credit are other payment options. Cash, checks, gift cards, debit cards, MasterCard, Visa, Discover Network, American Express, CareCredit, and Apple Pay are all accepted at Walgreens locations.
What Can You Buy At Walgreens With EBT?
You can use your EBT card to buy qualified foods like meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, grains, snacks, sandwiches, frozen meals, drinks, and desserts at your neighborhood Walgreens (not all stores take it). Additionally, if you already purchased your prescription there, you may be able to save time and money on petrol.
The things that people most regularly buy using an EBT card are as follows:
- Baby formula
- Bread and bakery items
- All types of cereals
- Dairy items like milk, yogurt, and cheese
- Energy drinks that have nutrition facts labels
- Frozen dinners
- As long as they have a nutritional label, protein bars
- Food-producing seeds and plants, such as melon seeds or tomato plants
What Items Are Not EBT Compatible At Walgreens?
Alcohol, cigarette products, non-food items, and the following goods are not eligible for EBT and cannot be purchased at retail establishments that take EBT.
- Healthcare Products
- Hot dishes already prepared for on-site or quick consumption (cafeteria-type foods)
- Beauty products, including cosmetics
- Pet food
- Hygiene items
- Household supplies, including paper products
- Liquor, beer, wine, or other alcohol
How To Use EBT On Walgreens Step By Step?
Like debit cards, EBT cards are straightforward to use. But here are the steps to do if you’re utilizing it for the first time:
1. Use your EBT card to pay for services by scanning it (POS).
2. Type in your PIN, which is often a four-digit number.
3. Before approving a transaction, double-check the price.
4. Verify that you’ve paid for the correct products by going through your receipts after payments.
5. Ask staff for assistance if you’re still having problems figuring out how to use your EBT card to make a Walgreens purchase.
6. Locations where EBT cards are not accepted.
How Can I Locate a Local Walgreens That Accepts EBT?
In the US, 78% of people reside within 5 miles of a Walgreens. You must first locate a local Walgreens drugstore that takes EBT that is SNAP-approved before you may use your SNAP benefits there.
If you want to know if a Walgreens in your area accepts EBT, you can:
1. Make use of the Walgreens Store Finder: This website function enables you to find the closest Walgreens locations by state, city, or zip code. You may view all the stores in your neighborhood by entering your location.
2. Get in touch with the shop: Walgreens’ website does not indicate whether the location accepts EBT cards. Contact details and opening hours for your local stores will be shown. Inquire about whether the shop accepts food stamps by calling using the store’s contact information before you visit.
3. Request a list from your neighborhood SNAP agency: Your neighborhood SNAP agency ought to be able to give you a list of all the SNAP-approved merchants in your neighborhood.
4. Visit a business: Go to your local Walgreens and ask the cashier if the store accepts EBT if you don’t have access to free or inexpensive unlimited internet or if you can’t locate it online.
The majority of Walgreens’ shops accept payment with EBT cards. EBT is not currently accepted for pickup or online orders, but maybe that will change soon.
Check out their website or give them a call if you have any more inquiries about their policies or would want to learn more about the services they provide. Gratitude for reading!