Do you want to make delicious stir-fries and other Asian dishes outdoors? Then you need a quality outdoor wok burner. An outdoor wok burner is designed to be used outside, with high temperatures and the right shape of flame for cooking in a wok. There are many different types available on the market today, so it can be tricky to choose the best one for your needs. Fortunately, we’ve done all the research for you!
This article will cover some of the best outdoor wok burners currently available, as well as what features they offer and why they might be perfect for your next outdoor culinary adventure.
Table of Contents
Features Of The Best Outdoor Wok Burners:
The best outdoor wok burners should have some key features that ensure they can be used safely and effectively. The most important of these are:
1. High Heat Output: A wok burner needs to get hot enough so that your food will properly cook without burning or sticking. Many of the best models offer powerful outputs that reach up to around 80,000 BTU/hr, ensuring fast and efficient cooking times.
2. Durable Construction: An outdoor wok burner should be able to stand up to extreme weather conditions such as strong winds, heavy rain or even snowfall. Look for a model made from sturdy materials like stainless steel or cast iron that won’t rust over time and won’t break down after extended periods of use.
3. Adjustable Flame Settings: The ability to adjust the flame is essential for getting the right cooking temperature for different types of food. Look for a wok burner that has a dial or other control system that lets you easily and accurately set the desired heat level.
4. Versatility: A good outdoor wok burner should be able to handle all sorts of cooking tasks, from stir-frying vegetables to deep-frying tempura. Look for models that have interchangeable grates or surfaces so you can switch between WOK and flat-top surfaces with ease.
5. Safety Features: Always look for safety features like flame failure protection, auto shut-off if there’s a sudden drop in flame, and non-slip feet to keep the burner steady during use. These features will ensure that you can cook safely without worrying about potential risks.
Reviews of The Top 5 Best Outdoor Wok Burners 2023
#1. Eastman Outdoors 90411 Portable Kahuna Wok Burner: best CHOICE
You may want to go with the Eastman Portable Kahuna Burner if you do not plan on preparing food for more than 4 to 6 people at once, prefer a more streamlined burner, appears to be designed for use at home and is simple to set up.
The telescopic legs, which are kept in place with the thumbscrews, will be a particularly wonderful feature. They enable you to simply put the burner into your car or trunk for a day at the beach or a picnic, or to store it in your shed easily.
Even though it only has a capacity of 65,000 BTU, it nonetheless generates a substantial amount of heat and is strong enough to handle all but the most labor-intensive stir-frying tasks. When used to its maximum capacity, a propane tank with 20-pound will last for around six hours.
However, this burner should be used to handle roughly 6 servings at the same time; if you attempt to prepare 8 servings with it, you can struggle.
- Telescopic legs – sturdy brackets
- Removable and adjustable and legs
- Not difficult to set up
- Suitable for pans and stockpots
- No attached accessories
- Only suitable for under 6 people
#2. GasOne B-5450+50480 Gas ONE Burner
Despite being of great quality, the GasOne B-5450+50480 Gas ONE Burner comes in at an affordable price for a wok burner. This thing has an astounding heat output of 200,000 BTU. Although it is doubtful that you would need this much, it is always beneficial to have a little bit of a buffer. You may tune it to the level of heat that you need since it is adjustable.
When it comes to the product’s quality, the most significant drawback is that the paint flakes and crumbles quite rapidly. Even though paint does not react well to heat, the fact that this has occurred is nonetheless upsetting.
You also need to be careful that if the cast iron frame is not painted, ultimately the rust will show through. Keep it covered, or even inside while not in use. You may even give it a small coating of oil.
Because it is strong and well crafted – it is constructed to last – this results in an exceptionally high value for the money. In all other respects, this is a strong and reliable propane wok burner, despite what the description may suggest.
- Controlling the heat via an adjustable regulator
- Good value
- Coming with a useful weatherproof cover
- Assemble easily
- Suitable for beer brewing, pots and pans!
- Paint is prone to peel and cast iron may rust
- Not a great design for woks
#3. High Pressure Wok Burner 5B
The vast majority of reviewers agree that The High Pressure Wok Burner 5B is the best outdoor wok burner on the marketplace. and this appliance is the only one in our evaluation that has an automated ignition. Users have reported that this function works quite well, and the greatest thing is that you do not need a lighter or match to make this dragon scream.
It is simple to set up, and it does not need a significant amount of additional room to store. You can simply modify both the high and low flame settings, which enables you to cook food at a simmer or create flames that are very hot. The architecture of this good-quality wok burner is made of cast iron, which makes it much easier to throw food in your wok than it would be otherwise.
This burner isn’t a freestanding burner, but you may use it to start working by placing it on a level surface and turning it on. Putting a plate made of stainless steel below the burner is a good idea since the temperatures that are created beneath the burner are also pretty high.
- Easy to adjust the high or low flame
- Great for the round bottom wok
- Iron bowl
- Having Shield to protect the iron bowl
- Stainless steel needs protecting under this burner
#4. King Kooker 24WC Portable Propane Wok Burner
The King Kooker 24WC burner is among the few burners that we have seen come up on nearly every best outdoor wok burner article. The most significant feature is that it features a recessed top ring which keeps the wok in the right place and prevents you from eating your meal on the floor.
Although it is not the lightest option available, it is nevertheless manageable to bring along on outdoor excursions like camping. Because of its lightweight chassis, this wok burner may easily be transported from place to place.
Plus, the product comes with a 24″ frame that can be assembled using bolts. The cast iron burner, which is certified CSA will provide 54,000 BTU, and there is a protective windshield to help your life much simpler.
- Highly lightweight and portable,
- Perfect for picnic trips
- Securing the wok in right place thanks to a recess on the top ring
- A bit flimsy legs
#5. DuraSteel Propane Gas Jet Burner
The DuraSteel Jet Burner is a reliable burner that can produce heat up to 160,000 BTU and is made of sturdy materials. Additionally, it may be utilized at a lower pressure, and it is suitable for a wide range of cooking possibilities as well as foods.
This solid design with 32 nozzles allows for an easy, quick, and efficient experience while cooking BBQ in your garden or having outdoor dinner parties with family and friends.
In addition, the burner weighs about 3 kilograms and is powered by natural gas making it very simple for you to transport it from place to place.
The customer’s well-being and convenience are prioritized throughout the manufacturing process of the burner, which results in the best outdoor wok burner. It will make it much simpler for you to complete the tasks associated with get-togethers and barbecues.
- The long-lasting material
- The burner is the working range essential.
- Having a high heat-resistant fryer
- Perfect for camping
- Some users complained that the tips of its nozzle are likely to break down
Tips for using an outdoor wok burner safely and effectively:
1. Use a wok ring to stabilize your wok on the burner. This will help prevent it from tipping over and making a mess.
2. Start with small batches of food until you get the hang of cooking with an outdoor wok burner. This will help prevent waste and ensure that your food comes out perfectly cooked.
3. Be sure to have a fire extinguisher on hand in case of any accidents. Better safe than sorry!
4. When stir-frying, remember that the key is to keep the food moving. This will help it cook evenly and prevent it from sticking to the wok.
FAQs about Outdoor Wok Burner
- What is an outdoor wok burner?
An outdoor wok burner is a type of stove that is specifically designed for cooking with a wok. Woks are traditionally used in Asian cooking, and they require high heat to properly sear the food. Outdoor wok burners are a great way to get this high heat, as they can reach very high temperatures.
2. What are style of an outdoor wok burner?
There are two main styles of outdoor wok burners: stand-alone and built-in. Stand-alone wok burners are freestanding units that can be placed on any flat surface, such as a patio or deck. Built-in wok burners are designed to be installed into a countertop or other surface.
3. What are material of an outdoor wok burner?
Outdoor wok burners are typically made from cast iron, stainless steel, or aluminum. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks, so be sure to choose the one that best suits your needs.
4. Is a cast iron wok best?
Cast iron woks are popular because they retain heat well and distribute it evenly. However, they can be heavy and difficult to clean.
5. Is a stainless steel wok best?
Stainless steel woks are lightweight and easy to clean. However, they don’t retain heat as well as cast iron woks.
6. What is an aluminum wok?
Aluminum woks are lightweight and affordable. However, they don’t retain heat as well as other types of woks.
7. What is the best way to clean a wok?
The best way to clean a wok is to hand wash it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh detergents or scrubbing pads, as these can damage the wok.
8. How do I season a wok?
Seasoning a wok helps to create a nonstick surface and prevents rust. To season a wok, simply heat it over high heat and rub it with oil. Allow the wok to cool completely before using it.
9. Do I need to use a special type of oil when cooking with a wok?
No, you can use any type of cooking oil when cooking with a wok. However, oils with a high smoke point, such as vegetable oil or peanut oil, are better suited for high-heat cooking.
10. What is the best way to store a wok?
The best way to store a wok is to hang it from a hook or place it in a drawer. Be sure to keep it away from moisture, as this can cause rust.
11. How do you make an outdoor wok burner?
Finding the best outdoor wok burners can be a daunting task. There are so many different models and features to consider, it’s hard to know which one is right for you. Fortunately, by understanding your needs and preferences in terms of size, portability, fuel type and heat output, you will be able to choose the perfect outdoor wok burner that meets all your requirements.
Once you have chosen the ideal model for your cooking style, enjoy creating delicious dishes outdoors with ease! With an outdoor wok burner on hand, hosting backyard parties or family gatherings has never been easier.